A Blitzkrieg is a tactic used by players in R.U.S.E. to overwhelm enemies with overwhelming superior force; it is also sometimes called a Shock and Awe attack.
The essence of a Blitzkrieg is to concentrate all of your forces into a single, hammer-blow force to plow through enemy defenses, rather than engage them on multiple fronts. However, such a tactic needs clockwork timing with all of your unit types so that the work in perfect sync. Artillery and anti-air fire should precede a tank squadron which should, in turn, destroy anti-air defenses, which paves the way for your air-force, which can take out enemy tanks and infantry, systematically breaking through the enemy defense by co-ordinating all of your units in split-second harmony.
Fielding a BlitzkriegEdit
- Organize: You should be well aware of what all of your faction's units cost, how long they take to construct, and any research required to field them. With this knowledge, you can have all of your units ready to fight at the same time, provided you build them in the proper order.
- Keep Out: It is imperative that you have at least some defense ready, as any attacks on your factories can throw off your essential swiss-watch timing.
- Fortune Favors the Wealthy: Stockpile as many resources as you can, as your units will be expensive and time-consuming to replace.
- Play Close to the Vest: Ruses should be a critical element in the formation of your Blitzkrieg. Decoy units can distract your opponent during your front's formation and mobilization, and concealment from ruses like Radio Silence and Camouflage Net can keep your opponent guessing until its far, far too late.
- Build tanks. Build lots of tanks and aircraft: Tanks, recon units, and fighters and bombers are essential to the outcome of a Blitzkrieg. Infantry alone will not get very far. Aircraft can level bunkers and artillery while tanks clear out surviving enemy vehicles. If you have infantry, use them to mop up.
- Another More Cheaper method is to make the max amount of Infantry and set them in the woods, Once able use Ruse's to hide them and send a all out attack against the enamys flanks